Thursday, August 5, 2010

Today I awoke feeling good. Why??, I think that I really felt a bit of release from writing yesterday. In fact I couldn’t wait to do it again..so here goes.


Life has no guarantees…well thank God for that..I mean imagine taking your life back for a refund each time it didn’t work out the way it was guaranteed to…then what would you do with all the experiences both good and bad. Imagine having to start over each time something happened that you didn’t plan or messed up your plans. No thank you – how predictable, how boring….and how sad not to have opportunities whereby you can call upon God.

Often I think, ‘Oh Lord why me’…..but for the number of times I say that I have twice the number of testimonies for all the times that God saw me through a bad time. In fact I am a walking book of testimonies…the fact that I awoke this morning all safe and sound is a testimony.

When bad things happen see it as an opportunity to rise up and be victorious. Victory is a choice. And you will never know your own strength unless you but it through the challenge. Today I feel like I am the world’s strongest woman, for I have survived. I am victorious. More trials will come but I take comfort knowing that God will give me the victory and that what I lose in that experience I make space for an even better blessing from Him.

And thats the guarantee of life...that you will have trials, failure, success, but its all part of making you You. To pushing yourself to the limits where you really get to know your capabilities. To getting to know the Father deeper...I am getting there, slowly but surely. So come on, take your best shot at me...give me an opportunity to yet another victory through my Father.
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Cordelia...that's very encouraging. I've often thought that way, thinking, if only I could do it again, I would not mess it up. You made me aware that in all those situations I've often called upon God and my faith has often grown. So, I'm thankful for life and all it's mishaps. Thank you Cordelia. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Splatt...I was actually looking for the reply button but couldnt find it, but I did see that it says 1 comments..like in plural above...sorry, just thought it was funny.
    You know Splatt, I have just had the worst few days...the worst ever of my life....and nothing, absolutely nothing could make me feel better, not even my hope and faith in my Father... I tried to read stuff on encouragement etc...but still nothing, until I read my blog above...Yes, my own blog above just restored my everything..isnt that amazing...sorry, BUT I am pretty amazed at how I just encouraged myself. Yes, trials will come but so does victory if you have the right One on your side. Like you said, these past few days is just another opportunity for my faith to grow.
    Glad you were encouraged:-)
    Take care and God Bless

    ReplyDelete